How to grow on Freelancer.com
Your growth on freelancer.com depends on how competitive and persisting you are. A lot of new freelancers fade out not because they are not good at what they do, but they fear competition and get impatient because of not getting enough leads.
What are the qualities that you need to have in order to make a career on freelancer.com
- You need to have a lot of patience and buy some time if you want to get some work your way. Give yourself a window of 3 months as minimum and give it your best
- If you aren’t getting leads, it is not because you are bad, but you are not doing the right things, so don’t feel low and keep evaluating where you can improve
- Never assume you are the only freelancer that is not getting enough leads, because of competition, a lot of clients end up hiring someone with a proven track record, but there are clients who appreciate and encourage new freelancers
- You need to know about Common Mistakes freelancers make and how to stay away from them
- The chances of you getting hired will increase if you have multiple skills. Define your skills and put some proofs for prospect clients to notice you
- Check out these tips which will help you learn about ideas on How to get projects on freelancer.com
- If you don’t have any skills, you need to explore various skills that are in demand and pick your areas of interest in order to start training yourself on how to become decent at them
Own a website/blog
- A lot of freelancers think its ok not to have a website or a blog in their infant stages, but they are grossly mistaken. Turn this into an advantage and build your website/blog today as it will give you the best chance to get your foot in the door
- I have written about importance of having a website which you can check by visiting Do I need a website to be a freelancer?
- If you don’t have the skills in building your own portfolio based website, you can learn how to build and manage one by subscribing to my build your own website program which I will launch in coming days