Is freelancing profitable?
Is freelancing profitable? Can you become rich by freelancing? are some of the most commonly asked questions. I am going to make a honest effort in educating aspiring freelancers on whether they need to ask themselves a question such as is freelancing profitable? or focus more on how to become a professional freelancer?
In today’s generation, we often find a gap between how life was 20 years ago and how its perceived now. From selfies to costly attire and apparel, today’s youth seems to be more inclined towards having a luxurious lifestyle and don’t worry too much about future and savings. While I don’t blame them, we need to address a larger concern.
The larger concern - freelancing as a career
For most new freelancers, the larger concern is not about is freelancing profitable, but about freelancing as a career option. With so much competition out there, the attrition ratio is on a never seen before high and number of freelancers fading out is pretty high. As an established freelancer since 19 years, I am putting my best foot forward to help the community in understanding the nuances of freelancing and taking a calculated decision before its too late.
By definition, profit means what you earned with and above what you invested. in freelancing, you invest mostly time and partly money and calculate it with the duration and if you make something more than what you invested + worth of your time and efforts, you can definitely stop worrying is freelancing profitable and pat yourself on back.
profitable freelancing jobs
If you are new to freelancing and need to know what are the most profitable freelancing jobs
make sure to check out the above link and there are plenty of other useful resources/articles that will give you in depth insights about how to become a successful freelancer and stop worrying is freelancing profitable and how to become a successful freelancer etc
having multiple skills is a big advantage if you want to be a successful freelancer. or you really need to be good at that one skill which will make you fortunes. From app development to website consulting, content writing to SEO, digital media marketing to Internet marketing, there are a lot of emerging and in demand categories that receive thousands of projects 24/7/364 from clients across the globe.
- Sign up with freelancing websites as a professional freelancer
- Sign up with local apps that offer leads for freelancers from local clients
- Sign up and participate in relevant forum discussions to network with freelancers
- Build a professional website and blog with unique content that is SEO optimized
- Follow up with your clients and ask them if they need additional services
- Ask your client if he is interested in signing up for AMC at a discounted price
- Educate your prospect clients about the tools, products, services which will benefit their business
- Make video tutorials to share your knowledge with clients and freelancing community