how to make money on freelancer.com
Whether you are a writer or a designer, making extra income in today’s date is a must to meet your lifestyle needs and what not. Websites such as freelancer.com make it possible by helping you connect with clients and earning income by working on project. To know how you can get started, I am jolting down some points to begin with:
- You need to have a skill that you are good at, be it translation, content writing, logo design etc
- You need to have a profile that has some past works clients can check
- Patience holds the key, don’t be in a rush and take some time to find the right leads
- Send a highly customized proposal that addresses solutions you provide inline with client requirements
Before doing all these, you must first sign up as a service provider on their website. Follow the below points:
- Sign up by providing your email address and verify it
- Upload an image of yours that is clear to identify and must not be pixelated
- Upload portfolio items and categorize them in case you have multiple skills
- Write a short, but an impressive bio about who you are and what all services you can offer
- Set a reasonable hourly price to begin with and modify once you complete some projects
- Uploading any certifications you might have is a huge plus
- Participate and complete some examinations because freelancers that have passed exams stand a better chance
- Choose your relevant skills under which you plan to offer your services
After these steps are taken care of, you need to choose a membership plan that will help you get started with bidding on freelancer.com
They offer various plans, including a free membership which gives you limited connects to try out your luck. A typical award ratio is 1:30 (average) which means if you are good at what you do and have an impressive portfolio, complimented by a decent sales pitch, you will get atleast 1 project out of 30 you apply.
While this can be termed as a sale, you need to generate some leads and for you to be able to get leads, you need to apply on as many projects as you possibly can. To get a lot of leads, you need to apply on projects on a regular basis in regular intervals and write customized proposals instead of copy/paste because that is going to put you under spam scanner and a lot of clients don’t bother responding.
I understand its a big challenge when you have a tough competition to face with no reviews to your account, for that, the only solution is to keep bidding and get your 1st response and impress that client however you can. When I started my account, it was the same case and I persisted for a couple of weeks before I got a response and there has been no looking back since then.
You can either offer a stand alone service such as logo design or can also offer a combo such as logo design + banner or it could be end to end solutions such as domain, web hosting, web design, development, content writing and internet marketing. This can be possible only when you have all these skills and are good at what you do. Is it difficult to learn so many of them? Not really, because all of them are integrated services, if you have good English skills, a steady head and willingness to learn, you can definitely get into freelancing full time and learn how to make money on freelancer.com